The 35th Annual
June 11th – 15th, 2018
Gateway High School, Aurora, Colorado
This day camp is special… it is a sports camp for the physically disabled, designed for children who use a wheelchair or could use a wheelchair, so that they are able to compete in wheelchair sports or are ambulatory and have a physical disability. The Colorado Junior Wheelchair Sports Camp enables youth with disabilities to enjoy the same experience a day camp provides to their able-bodied peers. It will be most beneficial for youth with the ability to learn the rules of specific sports. This camp is open to physically disabled children in grades K through 12TH. As a result of numerous contributors, donations, grants and volunteers, this sports camp is offered at no charge.
- This free sports camp is for students with special in grades K through 12.
- The sports camp is scheduled daily, from 9:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Monday, June 11th through Friday, June 15th.
The wheelchair sports camp includes instruction in these sports:
ARCHERY HAND CYCLING BASKETBALL TENNIS GOLF FENCING
SWIMMING YOGA SOCCER SOFTBALL RUGBY DANCE
LACROSSE` KAYAKING KARATE SLED HOCKEY-THURSDAY
- Jimmy Sides, 2018 PyeongChang Para Olympic Athlete Snowboard-Cross and Banked Slalom.
Will be attending on Friday, June 15th from 9am – 3pm.
- Ralph DeQuebec, 2018 PyeongChang Para-Olympic Athlete, Gold Medalist in Sled Hockey,
Will be attending (with his Gold Medal) on Friday, June 15th
Colorado Sports for the Physically Challenged, Inc.
National Sports Center for the Disabled
Facilities Courtesy of
Aurora Public Schools